iRobot Braava Jet 240 Review – Innovative Floor Mopping
8 out of 10 people I know consider sweeping and mopping a chore – No, scratch that, a punishment.
The iRobot Braava Jet 240 can take care of the sweeping and mopping of your household – that is not something you get using a traditional robotic vacuum cleaner.
Stop imagining, you can’t even appropriately picture it. It is like taking out the head of someone that’s been forcedly dipped in a pool of water after 3 minutes. A breath of fresh air you can say.
Here is the iRobot Braava Jet 240 Review:
iRobot Braava jet 240 Robot Mop
$169.00 in stock
9 used from $ 126.75
- Mops and sweeps hard floors including hardwood, tile, and stone in kitchens, bathrooms, and other small spaces
- Gets into hard-to-reach places, including under and around toilets, into corners, and below cabinets
- Precision Jet Spray and Vibrating Cleaning Head tackle dirt and stains such as dried coffee and soda
- Automatically selects the correct cleaning mode based on Braava jet pad type, choose from wet mopping, damp sweeping and dry sweeping
- Won't spray or harm walls and furniture, avoids stairs and riding up on rugs. Tip - Before using a Wet Mopping or Damp Sweeping pad, use a Dry Sweeping pad or vacuum to clean loose debris
iRobot Braava 380t Robot Mop
$249.99 in stock
10 used from $ 171.47
- Smart navigation: Iadapt 2.0 with navigation cube helps braava keep track of where it's been and where it needs to go.
- Complete coverage: Braava sweeps up to 1,000 square feet or mops up to 350 square feet in a single cleaning cycle.*
- Expandable cleaning range: Expand sweeping coverage to multiple rooms and large spaces with additional NorthStar Cubes.
- Hard floor cleaning made easy: Attach a cleaning cloth and press MOP or SWEEP.
- Works with a variety of cloths and pads: Compatible with our reusable microfiber cloths and disposable cleaning cloths such as Swiffer pads.
Dibea Robot Vacuum Cleaner Mopping Water Tank, 1200pa High Suction, Self-Charging Drop-Sensing Robotic Vacuum Pet Hair Hard Floor DT966
- Super quiet: Equipped with Nidec brushless motor, it runs extremely quiet. Set it to clean at night and wake up with a clean home
- Efficient pickup: The unique D-shape design gets close to walls and into corners offering maximum hair pick up. Anti-scratch tempered glass cover with 3-inch compact design makes it easy to clean under furniture and around clutter. It sweeps and picks up dirt, crumbs, and pet fur with 1200pa powerful suction. Self-adjusts to easily cover hard floors, tile, laminate and thin carpets.
- 2-in-1 Mopping Vacuum: Comes with a 350ml large water tank for wet/dry mopping, helps remove paw prints or spilled milk. Not suggest using mopping function on carpets
- Delivers lasting, powerful, hands-free cleaning, up to 150 minutes of run time. Self-charging, programmable schedule, smart sensors for anti-bump, avoid dropping from stairs
- 1-year warranty. Accessories include: 2 side brushes, 1 high-performance HEPA filter, 1 water tank, 2 mop pads, 1 remote control, 1 charging base, 1 adaptor (The Best Gift for New Year)
iRobot Braava Jet 240 has proven itself to be a lifesaver. The work rate and efficiency of this device in performing its function are highly commendable. Therefore it is almost shocking it is sold at such a cheap price and is certainly a good investment if you consider a mopping robot!
This device critically cleans surfaces using three mechanisms. Furthermore, it is programmed to perform at three different degrees to ensure maximum cleaning potential. The three different degrees it could work at are dry sweeping, damp sweeping and wet mopping and naturally, you can use it on a hardwood floor.
Dry sweeping, damp sweeping and wet mopping
•Dry Sweeping: The device is sensitive enough to know which degree to activate to depending on the circumstance. In this case, it is activated when the dry sweeping pad is attached.
For this degree, the robot performs its function without any spray of water. The dry pad will wipe off dirt, dust on hard floor surfaces.
•Damp sweeping: The sweeping and mopping mechanism works almost the same as it does at dry sweeping mode, only this time water is required to activate the cleaning agent.
•Wet mopping: The wet mopping mode gets activated when the blue mop is attached to the device. This cleaning degree is the most vigorous; which makes it the most preferred degree when cleaning hard and stubborn stains off hard surfaces.
What’s In The Box?
The box which is like the total package contains:
Braava jet Robot Mop, Lithium Ion Battery, Battery Charger, 2 Wet Mopping Pads, 2 Damp Sweeping Pads, 2 Dry Sweeping Pads, Manufacturer’s Warranty and Owner’s Guide and Documentation Package.
Features Of The iRobot Braava Jet 240
The iRobot Braava Jet 240 is packed with outstanding features:
•The portability and design structure of the robot enables the device to get to the nook and crannies of the space, to appropriately clean the space without leaving any place untouched.
•It uses iAdapt 2.0 navigation that facilitates its surfing around the space as it cleans.
•It is designed to perform both mopping and sweeping. This ability makes it useful for cleaning different surfaces: hardwood, tiles, stone flooring etc.
•It is equipped enough to work at a precision that enables it to clean hard and stubborn stains – that could have proven difficult if done manually.
•The robot is sensitive enough to automatically activate different modes depending on the mop pad that is attached to it.
•There is one year warranty attached to the package. If the robot develops a fault within the 1-year deadline, it could be returned to the manufacturers for proper repair or a change.
How To Maintain iRobot Braava Jet 240
Maintaining the device involves dedicated cleaning of parts of the robot to take out the prospect of damaging.
•Always clean the sensors located at the bottom of the robot with a damp cloth. A pile of debris on the wheels could restrict movement and also damage the wheels in the long run.
•Use a damp cloth to wipe off dirt on the body or bumper of the machine.
•Always make sure the nozzle of the precision jet spray is clean, if it isn’t, wipe with a damp cloth. This is necessary because that is the outlet that let out water used for cleaning.
If the water is not clean as a result of the dirty jet spray, invariably, the whole cleaning job would be flawed.
•In cases where there is an odor in the tank; fill the tank with hot water and cleaning agent, shake vigorously, rinse and dry. Open the tank after and allow it to dry.
•Always ensure the cleaning pads are clean. The good thing about this is that the cleaning pads can be rewashed for up to 50 times before the pad begins to wear out completely.
The Design Of iRobot Braava Jet 240.
The device is specifically designed with the specifications below:
Battery Mass: 1.2kg
The overall mass of the robot: 1.9kg
Dimensions of the robot: 17×17.8×8.4cm
How To Operate The iRobot Braava Jet 240
The device is designed in such a way that makes it easily controllable.
•Firstly, ensure the battery is charged to its fullest before plugging in – the battery normally charges to its maximum at 2hours.
•Select a cleaning pad and attach it to the robot. The robot automatically identifies the type of cleaning pad and activates to the appropriate cleaning mode.
If a damp mopping pad is attached, the robot will clean at a damp mopping mode.
•In cases where you are cleaning at wet mop and damp mop mode, fill the robot with water.
•Place the robot some distance away and press CLEAN to kick-start the robot; then, press CLEAN again to restart the cleaning cycle.
•After cleaning, eject the battery and cleaning pad. Ensure to fully charge the battery to improve the battery life and make sure the cleaning pad is washed and changed for the next cleaning operation.
Accessories For The iRobot Braava Jet 240
•Washable wet mopping pad
•Damp mopping pad and Dry sweeping pad (disposable pads)
For how long does it clean?
It’s rechargeable lithium-ion battery gives it a total run time of in between 90 to 120 mins. It will keep cleaning so long as it does not get stuck someplace.
It immediately goes back to the location where it began cleaning so that you can find it if it needs a recharge. The robot does not have an automated charging station like the Roomba vacuuming robots, so you require to remove its battery by hand as well as connect it into the power adapter yourself.
How much noise does the robot make?
It is much quieter than a robot vacuum due to the fact that it does not vacuum tidy. It makes tiny noises when spraying water and cleaning, but this is not annoying to the ears.
You don’t need to worry that you are not able to watch tv or speak on the phone because of the noise level of the Braava Jet 240. You would hardly pay any attention to it, just make sure not to step on it! 🙂
Can a Roomba completely replace a vacuum cleaner and mop?
Any Roomba should be used as a supplement to your regular manual house cleaning. Vacuuming or mopping is naturally more effective and effective when done manually, but using a Roomba helps you maintain a cleaner environment in your home.
Can it be set up to clean on a daily basis?
The Braava Jet 240 can not be set to comply with a daily routine. You have to press the CLEAN button when you want it to mop the floor. Nevertheless, this makes perfect sense since it gives you the opportunity to inspect its water level as well as wiping pad. Remember to always make sure the wiping pad is clean before you start the robot in order to get the best result.
Can I wet mop dry pet pee?
It might not be effective sufficient to totally mop up such a mess. It is best to mop it up on your own if you are currently aware of the pet urine stain. Nevertheless, the damp wipe pad could eliminate some of the tarnish from difficult flooring.
What about virtual walls?
The Braava Jet 240 does not need virtual walls. It only has a virtual wall surface setting feature which is triggered by pushing and holding back the CLEAN button for a few secs.
The mopping robot does not enter into the location behind its starting position when virtual wall surface mode is enabled. It is a very straightforward system that functions without the need for virtual wall devices.
However, if you have your pets food or water bowl in the center of your floor, you might consider removing them manually. Same goes with any loose items lying on the floor like shoes and socks, your kid’s toys, etc.
Is the iRobot Braava Jet 240 worth the money?
You will probably agree with me that this product is the total package. Besides that, it is not every time we get a device that provides such functions and still gets sold at such an affordable rate. Likewise, the customer reviews gotten from top-ranking shopping websites proves to show that the product is truly exceptional.
It is an affordable device that takes care of a boring task, and it is a quick way to keep your floors clean without using a lot of time. The best way to use this mopping robot is as a supplement to a manual floor wash which you can do maybe 1-2 months.
Especially if you have pets or kid using dirty shoes on the floor, the Braava Jet is a real timesaver!
Save yourself the stress and time of floor cleaning today and get yourself this intelligent robot.
Where to buy the iRobot Braava Jet 240 ?
I hope you enjoyed this iRobot Braava Jet 240 Review. If you want to buy it just click the button below and buy the iRobot Braava Jet 240 at an affordable price!
You might also consider the Braava 380t.
A great household robot with a lot of functions and still gets sold at such an affordable rate
- Its cleaning mechanism is very efficient.
- It is relatively cheap and affordable. Compared to the other iRobot cleaners available, it is the most affordable.
- It doesn’t make noise while functioning
- It is smart enough to activate the right quantity of cleaning solution as the jet sprays water.
- It takes a bit long time to charge
- It can’t adequately mop heavily damp surfaces
iRobot Braava Jet 240 Review - Innovative Floor Mopping
8 out of 10 people I know consider sweeping and mopping a chore – No, scratch that, a punishment. The iRobot Braava Jet 240 can take care of the sweeping a