iRobot Braava Jet 240 Review – Innovative Floor Mopping
8 out of 10 people I know consider sweeping and mopping a chore – No, scratch that, a punishment.
The iRobot Braava Jet 240 can take care of the sweeping and mopping of your household – that is not something you get using a traditional robotic vacuum cleaner.
Stop imagining, you can’t even appropriately picture it. It is like taking out the head of someone that’s been forcedly dipped in a pool of water after 3 minutes. A breath of fresh air you can say.
Here is the iRobot Braava Jet 240 Review:
iRobot Braava jet 240 Superior Robot Mop - App enabled, Precision Jet Spray, vibrating cleaning head, wet and damp mopping, dry sweeping modes
$169.99 in stock
2 used from $ 121.23
- Superior Robot Mop with Precision Jet Spray and Vibrating Cleaning Head helps tackles dirt and stains
- Gets into hard to reach places, including under and around toilets, into corners, and below cabinets, using an efficient, systematic cleaning pattern; Navigates under and around objects and furniture
- Automatically selects the correct cleaning mode based on the Braava jet pad type; Choose from wet mopping, damp mopping and dry sweeping; For long lasting scent, add Braava jet Hard Floor Cleaning Solution
- Mops and sweeps finished hard floors including hardwood, tile, and stone; Ideal for kitchens and bathrooms
- Maximized Edge Design gets into corners and along edges; Cleans under furniture and in other hard to reach places
iRobot Braava Jet M6 (6110) Ultimate Robot Mop- Wi-Fi Connected, Precision Jet Spray, Smart Mapping, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Multiple Rooms, Recharges and Resumes
$399.00 in stock
6 used from $ 367.08
- Ultimate Robot Mop with Precision Jet Spray helps tackle sticky messes, grime, and kitchen grease; (Tested in spot clean mode)
- Patented iAdapt 3.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology allows the robot to seamlessly navigate and efficiently mop or sweep your floors
- Imprint Smart Mapping enables the robot to learn, map and adapt to your home, allowing you to choose which rooms are cleaned and when; Keep Out Zones offer added control to actively avoid specific areas and objects in your home
- Ideal for multiple rooms and larger spaces; Navigates around objects and under furniture; Cleans finished hard floors including hardwood, tile and stone; Automatically recharges and resumes until the cleaning job is complete
- Maximized Edge Design gets into corners and along edges; Cleans under furniture and in other hard to reach spaces
iRobot Braava 380t Advanced Robot Mop- Wet Mopping and Dry Sweeping cleaning modes, large spaces
$229.99 in stock
- Capacity volume: 0.25 gallon; Advanced Robot Mop with Pro Clean System enables triple pass mopping action for everyday dirt and grime
- Designed to mop and sweep hardwood, tile, and stone; Just attach a cleaning pad and press MOP or SWEEP
- Cleans multiple rooms and large spaces; Navigates around objects and under furniture
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation helps Braava keep track of where it's been and where it needs to go
- Maximized Edge Design gets into corners and along edges; Cleans under furniture and in other hard to reach places
iRobot Braava Jet 240 has proven itself to be a lifesaver. The work rate and efficiency of this device in performing its function are highly commendable. Therefore it is almost shocking it is sold at such a cheap price and is certainly a good investment if you consider a mopping robot!
This device critically cleans surfaces using three mechanisms. Furthermore, it is programmed to perform at three different degrees to ensure maximum cleaning potential. The three different degrees it could work at are dry sweeping, damp sweeping and wet mopping and naturally, you can use it on a hardwood floor.
Dry sweeping, damp sweeping and wet mopping
•Dry Sweeping: The device is sensitive enough to know which degree to activate to depending on the circumstance. In this case, it is activated when the dry sweeping pad is attached.
For this degree, the robot performs its function without any spray of water. The dry pad will wipe off dirt, dust on hard floor surfaces.
•Damp sweeping: The sweeping and mopping mechanism works almost the same as it does at dry sweeping mode, only this time water is required to activate the cleaning agent.
•Wet mopping: The wet mopping mode gets activated when the blue mop is attached to the device. This cleaning degree is the most vigorous; which makes it the most preferred degree when cleaning hard and stubborn stains off hard surfaces.
What’s In The Box?
The box which is like the total package contains:
Braava jet Robot Mop, Lithium Ion Battery, Battery Charger, 2 Wet Mopping Pads, 2 Damp Sweeping Pads, 2 Dry Sweeping Pads, Manufacturer’s Warranty and Owner’s Guide and Documentation Package.
Features Of The iRobot Braava Jet 240
The iRobot Braava Jet 240 is packed with outstanding features:
•The portability and design structure of the robot enables the device to get to the nook and crannies of the space, to appropriately clean the space without leaving any place untouched.
•It uses iAdapt 2.0 navigation that facilitates its surfing around the space as it cleans.
•It is designed to perform both mopping and sweeping. This ability makes it useful for cleaning different surfaces: hardwood, tiles, stone flooring etc.
•It is equipped enough to work at a precision that enables it to clean hard and stubborn stains – that could have proven difficult if done manually.
•The robot is sensitive enough to automatically activate different modes depending on the mop pad that is attached to it.
•There is one year warranty attached to the package. If the robot develops a fault within the 1-year deadline, it could be returned to the manufacturers for proper repair or a change.
How To Maintain iRobot Braava Jet 240
Maintaining the device involves dedicated cleaning of parts of the robot to take out the prospect of damaging.
•Always clean the sensors located at the bottom of the robot with a damp cloth. A pile of debris on the wheels could restrict movement and also damage the wheels in the long run.
•Use a damp cloth to wipe off dirt on the body or bumper of the machine.
•Always make sure the nozzle of the precision jet spray is clean, if it isn’t, wipe with a damp cloth. This is necessary because that is the outlet that let out water used for cleaning.
If the water is not clean as a result of the dirty jet spray, invariably, the whole cleaning job would be flawed.
•In cases where there is an odor in the tank; fill the tank with hot water and cleaning agent, shake vigorously, rinse and dry. Open the tank after and allow it to dry.
•Always ensure the cleaning pads are clean. The good thing about this is that the cleaning pads can be rewashed for up to 50 times before the pad begins to wear out completely.
The Design Of iRobot Braava Jet 240.
The device is specifically designed with the specifications below:
Battery Mass: 1.2kg
The overall mass of the robot: 1.9kg
Dimensions of the robot: 17×17.8×8.4cm
How To Operate The iRobot Braava Jet 240
The device is designed in such a way that makes it easily controllable.
•Firstly, ensure the battery is charged to its fullest before plugging in – the battery normally charges to its maximum at 2hours.
•Select a cleaning pad and attach it to the robot. The robot automatically identifies the type of cleaning pad and activates to the appropriate cleaning mode.
If a damp mopping pad is attached, the robot will clean at a damp mopping mode.
•In cases where you are cleaning at wet mop and damp mop mode, fill the robot with water.
•Place the robot some distance away and press CLEAN to kick-start the robot; then, press CLEAN again to restart the cleaning cycle.
•After cleaning, eject the battery and cleaning pad. Ensure to fully charge the battery to improve the battery life and make sure the cleaning pad is washed and changed for the next cleaning operation.
Accessories For The iRobot Braava Jet 240
•Washable wet mopping pad
•Damp mopping pad and Dry sweeping pad (disposable pads)
For how long does it clean?
It’s rechargeable lithium-ion battery gives it a total run time of in between 90 to 120 mins. It will keep cleaning so long as it does not get stuck someplace.
It immediately goes back to the location where it began cleaning so that you can find it if it needs a recharge. The robot does not have an automated charging station like the Roomba vacuuming robots, so you require to remove its battery by hand as well as connect it into the power adapter yourself.
How much noise does the robot make?
It is much quieter than a robot vacuum due to the fact that it does not vacuum tidy. It makes tiny noises when spraying water and cleaning, but this is not annoying to the ears.
You don’t need to worry that you are not able to watch tv or speak on the phone because of the noise level of the Braava Jet 240. You would hardly pay any attention to it, just make sure not to step on it! 🙂
Can a Roomba completely replace a vacuum cleaner and mop?
Any Roomba should be used as a supplement to your regular manual house cleaning. Vacuuming or mopping is naturally more effective and effective when done manually, but using a Roomba helps you maintain a cleaner environment in your home.
Can it be set up to clean on a daily basis?
The Braava Jet 240 can not be set to comply with a daily routine. You have to press the CLEAN button when you want it to mop the floor. Nevertheless, this makes perfect sense since it gives you the opportunity to inspect its water level as well as wiping pad. Remember to always make sure the wiping pad is clean before you start the robot in order to get the best result.
Can I wet mop dry pet pee?
It might not be effective sufficient to totally mop up such a mess. It is best to mop it up on your own if you are currently aware of the pet urine stain. Nevertheless, the damp wipe pad could eliminate some of the tarnish from difficult flooring.
What about virtual walls?
The Braava Jet 240 does not need virtual walls. It only has a virtual wall surface setting feature which is triggered by pushing and holding back the CLEAN button for a few secs.
The mopping robot does not enter into the location behind its starting position when virtual wall surface mode is enabled. It is a very straightforward system that functions without the need for virtual wall devices.
However, if you have your pets food or water bowl in the center of your floor, you might consider removing them manually. Same goes with any loose items lying on the floor like shoes and socks, your kid’s toys, etc.
Is the iRobot Braava Jet 240 worth the money?
You will probably agree with me that this product is the total package. Besides that, it is not every time we get a device that provides such functions and still gets sold at such an affordable rate. Likewise, the customer reviews gotten from top-ranking shopping websites proves to show that the product is truly exceptional.
It is an affordable device that takes care of a boring task, and it is a quick way to keep your floors clean without using a lot of time. The best way to use this mopping robot is as a supplement to a manual floor wash which you can do maybe 1-2 months.
Especially if you have pets or kid using dirty shoes on the floor, the Braava Jet is a real timesaver!
Save yourself the stress and time of floor cleaning today and get yourself this intelligent robot.
Where to buy the iRobot Braava Jet 240 ?
I hope you enjoyed this iRobot Braava Jet 240 Review. If you want to buy it just click the button below and buy the iRobot Braava Jet 240 at an affordable price!
You might also consider the Braava 380t.
A great household robot with a lot of functions and still gets sold at such an affordable rate
- Its cleaning mechanism is very efficient.
- It is relatively cheap and affordable. Compared to the other iRobot cleaners available, it is the most affordable.
- It doesn’t make noise while functioning
- It is smart enough to activate the right quantity of cleaning solution as the jet sprays water.
- It takes a bit long time to charge
- It can’t adequately mop heavily damp surfaces